Saturday, October 09, 2004

 

While I wait for the 3rd to start...

BBC are nicely showing the 3rd, on which my opinion will follow it. In the meantime, I note that our friends at Fox are headlining Cheney-Halliburton, which is nice. It'll take some more investigation to figure out if this is actual non-partisanship, but while the article is critical, it gets by without mentioning Bush or the no-bid contract, which are surely relevant parts of what Edwards was talking about in the debate, so I'd say they aren't about to shed their reputation.
What it does give us this lovely Cheney quotation, "The problem is that the good Lord didn't see fit to always put oil and gas resources where there are democratic governments." which is surely a prime one for the Blood For Oil theorists.
John Kerry, meanwhile, has recruited Michael J Fox, to make the stem cells debate about Parkinson's. I seem to recall an FT comment article of some kind recommending stem cells as a way for Bush to break the deadlock, back when everyone was sure there was one, although I don't remember the details... I'd say that it's a bit technical to win, unless Kerry can succeed in getting into people's heads images of the people dying of the diseases. Still, it's a good issue, and I don't see Bush winning many votes by proclaiming that he's right to be on the anti side of this one.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?