Saturday, October 08, 2005

 

iTunes music sharing is great... or a waste of much time

Without the wonders of our network; I probably would never again have heard Whigfield’s non-seminal non-classic “Sexy Eyes”. It really does deserve a listen to give one a smile. It’s astonishing the way she tries to imbue completely meaningless lyrics with emotion, as if it meant so much to her to sing “Sexy Eyyyyeeeyyyeeesss”. She sounds most sincere when singing “num-num-na-num-num-na-na-ney”, over and over again.

Looking at the html on this, which I’m not bothered to fix, Word with pasted web content does produce awful stuff even with the Blogger tool….

Witness, though elyrics.net actually get this wrong…

This first verse doesn’t happen here in the version I’m listening to…

Ooh ooh aah aah sexy eyes
I'm gonna take you to paradise
Hey hey my my look at me
You got me feeling (bugger, we need a rhyme, what rhymes with “me”, but doesn’t quite scan correctly?) free (there we go, ooh, and deliciously meaningless)

Sexy eyes

On the one I’m hearing, we start here, the true opening of such a true song.

Ooh ooh aah aah sexy eyes
I'm gonna take you to paradise
Hey hey my my can't you see
You were born to dance with me

Ooh ooh aah aah sexy eyes
You know I'm never gonna tell you lies
Hey hey my my look at me
You got me feeling free

Na na na ... sexy eyes (elyrics.net actually get this very wrong, it is, as I mentioned above, a definite, and more catchy, “num-num-na-num-num-na-na-ney” × 3 “num-num-na-num-num-na-na” × 1; “num-num-na-num-num-na-na-ney” × 3 “num-num-na-num-num-na-na” × 1; with narey a “sexy eyes” in sight, maybe this mix was from someone who felt the eyes were sexier…)
Na na na ... sexy eyes

Ooh ooh aah aah sexy eyes
I'm gonna take you to paradise
Hey hey my my can't you see
You were born to dance with me

Ooh ooh aah aah hold me tight
Yes I guess you got me hypnotized
Hey hey my my don't you know
I'm gonna love you so - oh yeah

Sexy eyes “with your sexy sexy eyes; (EMOTE! Sexy eyyyyeeeyeyeyesss, with your sexy sexy eyes, Sexy eyyyyeeeyeyeyesss, with your sexy sexy eyes, Sexy eyyyyeeeyeyeyesss, with your sexy sexy eyes, Sexy eyyyyeeeyeyeyesss, with your sexy sexy eyes”
(“num-num-na-num-num-na-na-ney” × 3 “num-num-na-num-num-na-na” × 1) × 3, maybe? Maybe more….
Na na na ... sexy eyes
Na na na ... sexy eyes

That bit never happens….
This next bit happens quite a lot, before Whigfield goes back to familiar territory……

Ooh ooh aah aah sexy eyes
Sexy eyes
Hey hey my my look at me
You got me feeling free - ooh aah

And yes, as the song closes, she’s happily num-num-nahing away, back in her true vein (“num-num-na-num-num-na-na-ney” × 3 “num-num-na-num-num-na-na” × 1) this rest I don’t think happens, maybe it’s on the album version…..

Sexy eyes
Na na na ... sexy eyes
Na na na ... sexy eyes

Sexy eyes - without your sexy eyes
Sexy eyes - without your sexy eyes
Sexy eyes - without your sexy eyes
Sexy eyes - without your sexy eyes

Ooh ooh aah aah sexy eyes
I'm gonna take you to paradise
Hey hey my my look at me
You got me feeling free

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?